Reports To: Vice President of Sales
EmbedTek creates, designs, and builds embedded computers, software, sensors, cameras and displays for original equipment manufacturers. We have spent decades developing application specific computers, integrated displays, and custom I/O solutions. Our expertise has expanded to include IoT solutions, combining imaging and sensor technology with intelligent analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. EmbedTek collaborates with our customers to create solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. We become an extension of our customer’s engineering department during the design and validation phase and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. Upon completion of the design we provide ongoing manufacturing, integration and supply chain management of the final product.
The EmbedTek sales team targets engagements resulting in long term partnerships with OEMs and ISVs in a variety of markets. We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, aggressive and detail oriented Account Executive to join this growing team.
An EmbedTek Account Executive is responsible for developing new business within the assigned OEM accounts and managing multiple programs and projects with customers that they develop. Our Account Executives must effectively find new customers and maintain and grow their customers. Account Executives work closely with management, operations and engineering to develop solutions that solve customer’s challenges and exceed customer expectations. If you have an impressive track record of business development and managing complex customer relationships and are looking to take your sales career to the next level, we would be interested to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify and develop relationships with key contacts at assigned prospect companies. Effectively utilize company-supplied resources such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator for prospecting new business at these accounts.
- Qualify opportunities according to the criteria put forth in the Rules of Engagement.
- Meet with prospective customers to present EmbedTek’s value proposition and maintain an acceptable pipeline of prospects in all phases of the Sales Methodology.
- Manage the sales process from technical specification through procurement and implementation phase.
- Work closely with management, operations and engineering to develop solutions to customer’s specific requirements.
- Analyze customer’s needs and recommend EmbedTek products and services that best meet customer’s requirements.
- Understand and articulate EmbedTek’s unique value proposition including inventive engineering, design services, lifecycle management, integration services, technical service, reliability, quality and relationship management.
- Collaborate with product managers and executive management to prepare detailed proposals in response to opportunities.
- Close sales of EmbedTek products and services each quarter to meet and exceed assigned revenue and gross margin targets. Annual, quarterly and monthly metrics will be established and shall be monitored against ongoing performance.
- Work with operations and sales order entry team to estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of EmbedTek’s current production and delivery schedules.
- Consults with and schedules presentations for staff engineers on technical problems and product roadmap presentations.
- Prepares timely reports of business transactions and keeps an accurate accounting of expense accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year College or university is required. A technical degree is a plus. Three to five years successful experience selling technical products in an outside sales role. Experience selling to Original Equipment Manufacturers is a plus. Proven history of developing new business with new customers and managing all aspects of the customer relationship is essential.
The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills.
The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume is needed. The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry is needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License required.
The candidate must have good skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. The candidate should be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EmbedTek is an equal-opportunity employer. EEOC.
To apply for this job, please complete the Candidate Submission Form.