EmbedTek is a Waukesha, Wisconsin based firm that designs and manufactures embedded systems and develops software for OEMs. These systems include deeply embedded computer systems, liquid crystal display (LCD) based products, industrial and factory floor computers, industrial 1/0 & power control and board level component subsystems. EmbedTek provides creative solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. We become an extension of our customer’s R&D department and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. This allows our customers to produce products which will take the lead and stay ahead of competition.
The Full Stack Developer’s function is critical to the Company’s success in providing quality products to our customers in a timely fashion. We are looking for an individual to assist in driving improvements in our business by leveraging our existing TekWeb system and infrastructure. This position provides an opportunity to participate in the early stages of a growing business and to build a customer focused manufacturing environment in support of the company’s strategic growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develop visually appealing front end website architecture, including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Design user interactions on web pages
- Develop functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end
- Develop and design RESTful services and APis
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Strategize organizational direction on emerging technology platforms and communicate the effectiveness to executive stakeholders
- Stay current and provide insight on cutting edge software approaches, architectures, and vendors
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions.
- Keep job knowledge up-to-date by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal and professional networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Prepare test plans and evaluate test results for application implementations, modifications or upgrades.
- Provide assistance, where needed, in support of the network infrastructure and IT environment.
- Represent the Company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all respects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with a customer service perspective. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of MongoDB, AngularJS, and Node.js.
- Experience working with languages such as Java, .Net, Python, PHP or Ruby
- Experience working with server technologies including Apache, ISS, Node.js, Nginx and J2EE. Experience in API design and development.
Understanding of libraries including Backbone.js and jQuery.
Strong knowledge of data structures, system design, and algorithms
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Will have good skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Should be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EmbedTek is an equal-opportunity employer. EEOC.