EmbedTek is a Waukesha, Wisconsin based firm that designs and manufactures embedded systems and develops software for OEMs. These systems include deeply embedded computer systems, liquid crystal display (LCD) based products, industrial and factory floor computers, industrial I/0 & power control and board level component subsystems. EmbedTek provides creative solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. We become an extension of our customer’s R&D department and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. This allows our customers to produce products which will take the lead and stay ahead of competition.
The Sourcing Leader function is critical to the Company’s success in providing quality products to our customers in a timely fashion. This position is responsible for managing both the supplier relationships and the commodities required for both production and engineering NPI activities. This position provides an opportunity to participate in the early stages of a growing business and to build a customer focused manufacturing environment in support of the company’s strategic growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage ERP system in support of Supply Chain
- Evaluate forecast inputs and communicate major changes to suppliers
- Manage planning data for components in system
- Run ERP daily and take action (place/adjust orders) appropriately
- Commodity Management
- Understand the cost drivers for the assigned commodities and communicate to internal parties as needed
- Drive buying to ensure best possible costs, lead time and quality
- Supplier Management
- Own supplier master cleanup and governance in ERP
- Enhance savings by challenging suppliers through Cost breakdown techniques, inviting supplier suggestions and encouraging suppliers to propose alternative equivalent or best manufacturing practices.
- Monitor suppliers’ performances and handle any escalations from internals constituents
- Stay abreast of market conditions and changes within the supplier’s organization that may affect our relationship
- Negotiate terms and pricing
- Disposition of Non-Conforming Material
- Obtain RMA’s for discrepant material for shipment back to suppliers
- Negotiate best terms for RMA processing
- Maintain $ level of material at/below target
- Support Internal Customers
- Support NPI activities including setting up suppliers and developing commodity strategies to suppo1t NPI launches
- Place orders for internal demand in support of engineering, manufacturing, etc
- Provide suppo1t for purchasing of internally used/consumed material
- Assist with resolving invoicing or receiving discrepancies
- General Knowledge and Skill
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, 13485 and FDA standards
Will have good skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Should be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, ability to convince)
- Experience managing demand in MRP/ERP system
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Highly motivated, positive individual
- APICS certification
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Accounting, Supply Chain or related field
Experience – 2-5 years relevant experience in related position
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Valid Driver’s License required.
APICS certification preferred.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EmbedTek is an equal-opportunity employer. EEOC.