EmbedTek is a Waukesha, Wisconsin based firm that designs and manufactures embedded systems for OEMs. These systems include deeply embedded computer systems, liquid crystal display (LCD) based products, industrial and factory floor computers, industrial I/O & power control and board level component subsystems. EmbedTek provides creative solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. We become an extension of our customer’s R&D department and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. This allows our customers to produce products which will take the lead and stay ahead of competition.
We also provide detailed integration services and supply chain management services for our customers. This involves managing the supply chain to ensure continuity and consistency of supply with limited inventory exposure.
Our Sourcing team is critical and deeply integrated with all aspects of the company – sales, engineering, finance, manufacturing and service. This is a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment.
We are adding a Sourcing Leader position to Sourcing to support our current and future growth. We’re looking for someone who will thrive in this environment, grow in the position and be a long term member of our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Manage ERP system in support of Supply Chain
- Evaluate forecast inputs
- Manage planning data for components in system
- Run ERP on a daily basis, take action (place/adjust orders) appropriately
- Supplier relationships
- Provide forecasts to suppliers of components
- Negotiate terms and pricing
- Place and manage orders for demand
- Support internal customers
- Place orders for internal demand in support of engineering, manufacturing, etc.
- Provide support for purchasing of internally used/consumed material
Will have good skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Should be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, ability to convince)
- Experience managing demand in MRP/ERP system
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Highly motivated, positive individual
- APICS certification
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Accounting, Supply Chain or related field
Experience – 2-5 years relevant experience in related position
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Valid Driver’s License required.
APICS certification preferred.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EmbedTek is an equal-opportunity employer. EEOC.