Reports To: Engineering Manager
EmbedTek is a Waukesha, Wisconsin based firm that designs and manufactures embedded systems for OEMs. These systems include deeply embedded computer systems, liquid crystal display (LCD) based products, industrial and factory floor computers, industrial I/O & power control and board level component subsystems. EmbedTek provides creative solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. We become an extension of our customer’s R&D department and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. This allows our customers to produce products which will take the lead and stay ahead of competition.
The Engineering function is critical to the Company’s success in providing quality products to our customers in a timely fashion. This position is responsible for ground up design and validation of embedded systems. Design activities are multi-discipline and contain varying levels of mechanical, environmental, electrical, and software design based on customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Participate in multiple concurrent Engineering projects under direction of Engineering Manager.
– Complete electrical and/or software development necessary to enable new embedded computer and electronic designs.
– Develop and execute system verification plans including form/fit/function, thermal, acoustic, shock, and vibration.
– Participate in department scheduling and priority meetings to coordinate Engineering resources.
– Assemble prototype and validation systems.
– Coordinate communication with customers to provide updates and collect/clarify requirements.
– Lead and participate in customer escalations and root cause analysis of field systems.
– Assist manufacturing with product assembly fixtures and instructions.
Will have good skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Should be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Multi-discipline project management experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar.
– Experience in embedded computing or embedded system design
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Education ~ Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Good written and verbal communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EmbedTek is an equal-opportunity employer. EEOC.
To apply for this job, please complete the Candidate Submission Form.